Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I hate to admit it but I do miss California, especially my girls. These are 5 things I love about California.
1. Ketchup: This was one of our favorite restaurants to go to when we'd hit up Hollywood for shows or fun nights out. They have classic American food with a gourmet twist. We'd always get their three kinds of fries served with their five types of ketchup! So good!
2. Beach: One of our favorite beaches to go to was Corona del Mar. It's usually not too crowded and feels somewhat secluded. We went there on November 1st when our Seattle girls came to visit. Janelle and I were taken out by a wave. It was pretty EPIC and a fun last time at the beach.
3. DISNEYLAND: I had never been to Disneyland before I moved to SoCal, just Disneyworld. We all had season passes which was great. We could go whenever we wanted, for however long, without any pressure to have to see and do EVERYTHING. We got good at strategizing though, so we could make the most of the time we had there. I love that place. Favs include: Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Mulholland Madness, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. I could go on and on. Jenny's mom wanted to go when she came to visit a couple weeks ago, so that's how Heather and I spent our last Saturday in California. It was perfect!
4. Griffith Observatory: The girls and I went here twice, the first time we didn't make it inside. It has the most gorgeous view of Los Angeles (when it's not smoggy) and a great view of the famous Hollywood sign. I wish we had lived closer just so I could have gone more often. It's a must-see if you visit L.A.
5. Concerts/Hollywood Nights: Los Angeles is, as Jenny said, the mecca of good concerts. There's always great shows happening. We're lucky we got to go to as many as we did. Some of the people we've seen include: Barcelona (MANY times), She&Him, Ashley Tisdale, Mitchell Musso, Miley Cyrus, HoneyHoney, Lenka, Owl City (twice), Relient K, This World Fair, Mae, RunnerRunner, Frank&Derol, Billy Ray Cyrus and Landon Pigg. Besides just the shows, we had some great nights in Hollywood. Mostly, what made it so fun and usually EPIC was the people I was with. My girls are amazing and I love them so much. I'm going to miss our fabulous times together. These crazy times over for now, but not forever.
First Hollywood Night: Barcelona at The Viper Room (included first celebrity siting: Amy Adams)
Monday, November 23, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
The girls and I had a little photobooth sesh this afternoon with the cute BFF owls Jenny got us from Skunkboy! Heather and I leave early tomorrow morning to drive home to Idaho. I'm really gonna miss my Jenny boo! I love you both so much!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
I went to Seattle last weekend to visit some friends. Although I only went to one of these places, I was inspired to post some of my favorite places to eat in Seattle.
1. Matador: This place has Tex-Mex gourment food and a tequila bar. I think it was one of the first places I went after I turned 21. We loved going to the happy hour there and getting their famous nachos and drinks! They also have the best long island ice teas I've ever had. I've had some fabulous times with my friends here. It's one of the places I miss the most!
2. Wasabi Bistro: Caitlin introduced us to this place. It was my first sushi experience. Although, I usually only order their Seattle Tempura roll. It's salmon, cream cheese, avacado and teriyaki sauce! Love it!!!
3. Elliot Bay Pizza Company: Okay, so I couldn't find a picture of the front the the restaurant, but it's not pretty so it's all good. Heather and I randomly found this place freshman year of college. I'm in love with their turkey, bacon, ranch sandwich! I think it's the only thing I've ever ordered. SOOOOO GOOD!
4. Greenlake Bar & Grill: If there's a wait to be seated, this is the best place to be. It's right by Greenlake so you can just go for a walk while you wait! Janelle and I went to happy hour here while I was visiting last weekend. Love their wedge salad and bbq chicken quesadillas!
5. Orrapin Thai Cusine: I haven't found better Thai food anywhere else! It's on Queen Anne hill across the street from Starbucks and Tully's. I'm obsessed with their chicken pad thai! Mine and Heather's car caught on fire right before we had dinner there once. Oh the memories...