1. NOOK: Our parents got Heather and I Nooks for our birthday on Sunday! I absolutely LOVE it! This past weekend we ended up getting covers for them. Mine is a little boring, but I couldn't justify spending $125 ($90 on sale) for the gorgeous Kate Spade cover. One thing that I love about the Nook and Barnes and Noble is that we can download books from different resources, not just B&N. I found this website that has a bunch of free books. PLEASE let me know if you have any other resources (free or otherwise). We ended up buying a couple new books too and I just started reading Sense and Sensibility for my 25 before 26 list. What's a great summer read?
2. Bright nail polish: I love bright, fun nail polish colors for summer! These are a few of my favs. The top three are Sonia Kashuk for Target: Ocean Breeze, Purple Rain and Tutti Frutti. The bottom two are Chinese Glaze, Pink Voltage and Sinful Colors, Innocent.
3. Victoria's Secret PINK pjs: For my birthday last Sunday, Heather and I decided to get ourselves new summer pjs from VS. Since we're an Angels card holders, we get $10 giftcards for our birthdays. But we had also got $10 giftcards in catalogs, so we each had $20 to spend there. I know the shorts I got are a little creepy (my mom hates them), but they were the best choice and I love them a little more every time I wear them. I love how the lacey design on the shorts go with the print on the tank.
4. Platinum Beauty Lounge: I'm kind of picky when it comes to my hair, well picky when it comes to who I have cut it. I think it's because I had the same woman cut my hair from the time I was in elementary school through high school. When I was in California, I found an amazing stylist, Melissa, at Urban Renewal in Claremont. I was extremely sad to say goodbye to her and unsure about finding a new salon and stylist in Idaho. I asked around and heard about Platinum Salon in downtown Boise. The salon opened last fall and has a great feel to it. Karina is my new stylist and I LOVE her! My first time I went I just got a cut, but the last two times I got cuts and color. She's fabulous and fun!
5. Kind Campaign: A movement and documentary, based upon the powerful belief in KINDness, that brings awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl "crime". "Look, we know it's hard to be a girl sometimes. We aren't asking for everyone to become best friends...that's simply unrealistic. However, we are suggesting something very simple: to STOP the competition, STOP the cattiness, STOP the hate, and to BE KIND."
The documentary will display the often-cruel way in which females treat each other, and shows the detrimental effects those relationships and experiences can have on girl's self-esteem and personal growth.
Kind Campaign is currently entered to win the Pepsi Refresh grant for $250,000. Pepsi Refresh is looking for people, businesses and non-profits with ideas that will have a positive impact. Please go HERE to vote for Kind Campaign. You can also text to vote, text 101818 to Pepsi (73774) (standard text messaging rates apply).
Find Kind Campaign:
My amazing friend Amanda is selling bracelets here to support Kind Campaign. Heather and I ordered some and we LOVE them!