Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Heather and I leave in the morning for Seattle and I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to see my girls and celebrate Jenny's birthday this weekend! Happy Birthday my Jenny-Boo, I love you!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I know it's not Monday, but I was a little too busy yesterday to post. My Dad has shoulder surgery and then Mom was flying back from a conference in Arizona. Unfortunately, Mom missed her connecting flight in Salt Lake due to storms and got in two hours late. Dad has been having a rough time after surgery. He stayed the night in the hospital last night and it looks like he might be there again tonight. Heather and I brought Mom home to rest a bit. Hopefully once we go back he'll have gotten some rest too and be doing better.
Other than that, Heather and I are getting ready for our trip this weekend. We leave Thursday morning to Seattle. Then Friday morning we'll head up to Whistler. I'm so excited that all of the girls will be there. We're going to have a blast celebrating Jenny's 25th (and golden) birthday!
Now that I've rambled on, here's my Music Monday/Tuesday. Owl City's Fireflies, which I haven't been able to get out of my head all day.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I found this recipe online and have adapted it a bit. I love how easy it is to make and how healthy and fresh it is. This recipe serves 4.
4 C. Shredded lettuce
4 Cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1 Tomato, diced
1 C. Corn (I used a can of mexicorn)
1 Can Black beans (rinsed and drained)
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and green onions
Chopped cilantro to garnish
I like to crunch tortilla chips on top.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
1/3 C. Chicken broth
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Honey mustard
1 tsp Lime zest
2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Salt & pepper
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
1. TIGI Catwalk Root Boost: This adds texture and lift to my hair. I found it thanks to Promise. Love it!
2. Perfume: I seriously can't pick just one. When I worked at Victoria's Secret I became obsessed. These are my favorite's from VS: Supermodel, Very Sexy, More Pink Please (limited edition--LOVE it!), and Dream Angels: Heavenly.
3. Covergirl Lash Blast Luxe: Love this stuff, definitely makes my lashes long and bold....plus, it's in a pretty pink tube!
4. The Body Shop: I love their natural products and their mission.
"We believe their is only one way to beautiful, nature's way. We've believed this for years and still do. We constantly seek out wonderful natural ingredients from all four corners of the globe, and we bring you products bursting with effectiveness to enhance your natural beauty. While we're doing this we always strive to protect this beautiful planet and the people who depend on it. We don't do it this way because it's fashionable. We do it because, to us, it's the only way."
5. Clairol Natural Instincts: When I'm dying my hair myself, this is my favorite. I always get a good color. Right now I'm "golden mahogany" but since next week I'm going lighter to "spiced tea."
Monday, January 11, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
For Christmas one of the things I got Heather was Hannah Montana: The Movie. Leave all judgements at the door please. We had seen it in theaters, but finally watched the dvd last night with our mom. Our parents are going to be out of town this weekend and I'm pretty sure Heather and I will be spending it learning the Hoedown Throwdown.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Last year I wouldn't go a day with out checking each of these websites. Sadly, that's changed since I became unemployed and started grad school. These websites are the place to go to find out what's happening in fashion first. Love it!
1. Fashion Indie: NYC Fashion & Style
2. The Cut: New York Magazine's Fashion Blog
3. Go Fug Yourself: Because Fugly Is The New Pretty
4. Fashionista: Fashion Designers, Models, Shopping, Style
Monday, January 4, 2010
Saturday, January 2, 2010
I found this editorial on Fashion Gone Rogue.
Shot for the editorial section of View on Fashion, photographers Hunter & Gatti capture Shelby Keaton in a luxe combination of pieces styled by Christopher Campbell. Set in the urban location of New York's Meat Packing District, "Last Days in the City," fuses busy street life with high fashion luxury.