Tuesday, March 22, 2011

seattle dreams


I don't know what's gotten into me, but in the last week I've started to dream (literally and figuratively) about moving back to Seattle. I've peeked at apartments on Craigslist and thought of where I'd like to live in Seattle if/when I move back. Ideally, I'd transfer with Bella Baby to their hospitals up there so I'd like to be close to work and/or public transportation, and of course, close to friends. I know I still have a long way to go, especially financially, before I can move, but it's still fun to dream and look ahead to the future.

I think it'd be amazing to find a place big enough for at least three (Heather, Jenny and myself), plus the cats, and potentially have a little den for a little work studio area for all of us. I'm obviously still in the dream-stage. Here are a couple pictures I found as apartment inspiration. Right now I have absolutely NO furniture. I think it's going to be lots of fun to furnish a place with the girls.






source

Do you have any moving suggestions? Last time Heather and I used ABF U-Pack and got a pod. It was nice to not have to worry about dealing with a big moving truck.

Any suggestions on apartment hunting? I'm pretty sure each time I've moved I've used Craigslist for searching. What do you think are the best places to live in Seattle? Queen Anne? Downtown? Capital Hill? West Seattle? Ballard? Apartment? House?

Best places for furniture: couches, dining sets, bedroom sets, etc.?

Moving is a big decision and I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. Most important: wait until June and then you will know where Aimee, Janelle, Becca and I are living and can move CLOSE to us! :) We are looking at Phinney, Greenwood, Greenlake, Wallingford, maybe Ballard. I have seen some decent places on Queen Anne too.

    West Seattle rocks and is more affordable, but the viaduct construction is going to happen soon and at that point getting in and out will be a nightmare, so we are moving out before that happens.

    It's hard to find even a 3 bedroom apartment in Seattle, so especially if you want an extra room, you might need to look at houses or townhouses. Aim and I have gotten pretty good at figuring out what places are worth so we will help you when you're ready to move! I hope it is soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    Thanks so much! I had no idea about the viaduct construction. That's great to know! I think Bella Baby is at the hospital in Ballard and one downtown. They might be at more, but I'd have to talk to someone. Ideally, I'd like to be close to where ever I work. I think we'll definitely have to wait until fall so we have time to save up money. I'm tentatively planning to take fall semester off so that if/when we move it'll be one less thing to worry about. Plus, I'll have more free time to work, settle in and get on my feet! We'll definitely let you know as time goes on and plans fall more into place! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a big step.. but as Cinderella said: A dream is a wish your heart makes!

    I say you keep looking into it. Life is short. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still a fan of Ballard and Queen Anne but they're getting more expensive so we'll probs have to look elsewhere. And I'm pretty sure a house will be easier to find three bedrooms than an apartment. But of course we'll all have amazing jobs and be rich so we could live right downtown in a giant fancy condo! (ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I still have the big leather couch and that little vintage dining table so at least we'll have a couple things. I'm thinking for everything else though we should thrift store it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who is graduating this June, I can relate to this post. I've decided to stay in my small town for the summer (but probably more like a year). I'll take time to job search and decide where to move. It will either be Boston (where the fam is) or San Jose (where the boy is). I'm not looking forward to choosing (although hopefully the boy will realize Boston is the place to live :). Anyway, cute blog!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete