Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lexington

We made it to Nebraska! We left our hotel at 7:00 am this morning. We made our way west for a while and then up the 71. It was kind of sad to be so close to Joplin (literally like 10 minutes) and not be able to stop and do something. We stopped in Carthage for wayyy to sweet iced caramel mochas at McDonalds. After we passed Kansas City, we stopped to fill up with fuel and ended up getting a salad bar at a grocery store for lunch. After we ate I took over driving and got us through the rest of Missouri.

Missouri countryside

Iowa wasn't my favorite place. At this moment, I can't exactly remember why, mostly construction and a deceitful rest stop sign that did it for me. We stopped in Omaha for fuel and then made our way into Nebraska and finally onto I-80. We desperately needed to make a pit stop and unfortunately picked a stop that wasn't the greatest. Some college girls ran out of the gas station as we arrived because they plugged up one of the toilets. After waiting for what felt like forever (since there was only one working toilet), we were ready to get back on the road. As we drove by the next exit (York) we saw a bunch of gas stations and even a Starbucks. If only we would have waited!

Gas station in Omaha

We stopped in Kearney to fill up with fuel and then made our way to Lexington. We had dinner at San Pedro, a little Mexican restaurant. Yes, that would be the third night on the road that we've had Mexican for dinner. We can't help it, it just finds us. I think my favorite though so far would be the Baja Burrito in Nashville.

The Great Platte River Road Archway in Kearney

Anyway, we're staying with my Dad's cousin here in Lexington. We chatted for a bit right when we got here. Cindy is so friendly and fun! We're so thankful for their hospitality. We're slowly getting showered and ready for bed. We'll be up again tomorrow and on the road around 7:00 am. I'm excited that we'll gain an hour tomorrow: hello, Mountain Standard Time! Okay, it's almost my turn to shower! I can't wait to sleep tonight! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Lexington

No comments:

Post a Comment