Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

It's been a LONG time since I've done a Tasty Tuesday post, but recently I made some recipes that were so amazing that I just had to share!  I don't know how many of you are on Pinterest, but I've found tons of great ideas on there, especially new recipes.  Heather and I were given the duty of making dinner a couple weeks ago, but we had to use a bunch of veggies from our Bountiful Basket.  We did a search on Pinterest and went to work.

Our menu included the following:

Poppy Seed-Crusted Butternut Squash with Romaine and Pomegranate [Pinterest source]


Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts [Pinterest source]


Crispy Baked Eggplant [Pinterest source]


Talk about using vegetables!  We made a few changes from the original recipes, like substituting romaine lettuce for kale, since that's what we had on hand.  For the eggplant recipe I created the egg mixture and dipped them straight into the panko crumbs mixture [to which I added parmesan cheese], rather than dipping them in flour.  It was all so delicious!  It makes me excited to try more new recipes and learn different ways to use our Bountiful Basket goodies!  Let me know if you end up trying one of these recipes!  Feel free to share any yummy recipes you think I should try!

No comments:

Post a Comment