Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seen It, Heard It, Read It



Seen It:
I randomly found this series on instant Netflix. I saw that it had really high reviews and was recommended for me. Typically Netflix’s rec’s are pretty accurate for me, so I decided to give it a try. After immediately being sucked in with the first episode, I quickly watched the entire first season, which only has 13 episodes. The second season just started this month, but it’s on cable so I have to wait to watch it. I was so enthralled with this series that I also got my whole family hooked, so I watched it all again. It’s heartbreaking, but also shows the reality of a tragedy and shares multiple points of view. It’s not just the family that is affected, but also many others whose lives are intertwined in this story.

UM. AMAZEBALLS. This movie really did the book justice. It was fun to watch the story, that I had just read, come to life. It was hard to watch some of the scenes, especially when people in the audience would ignorantly applaud. It was the Capital, who they should be fighting and not each other.

I have this book, but I’ve never read it (shame on me). I honestly didn’t know what the story was about. The synopsis on IMDB describes perfectly it in one sentence,  “A mousy governess who softens the heart of her employer soon discovers that he's hiding a terrible secret.” It was a great movie and I really loved the cinematography! Now I should really read the book, huh?

This was another Netflix recommendation and I’m so happy I added it to the instant queue. The story was about the man behind Elmo, his journey and how he went after his dreams. The whole family loved it! It was funny and heart-warming. I also loved it because I was a puppeteer for 8 years, so it brought back memories of my middle school and high schools days. We had an amazing puppet ministry at church and it was so much fun to be a part of!

I know this has been out for a couple years, but I finally got around to watching it this week. I LOVE Steve Martin [see HERE] and so I knew it was going to be a pretty fun movie.

Heard It:
I honestly haven’t been listening to anything new. Just Tyrone Wells on repeat. And I’m okay with that. :) See [THIS] & [THIS].

Read It:



I’m so thankful for my wonderful friend Janelle! I had wanted to read The Hunger Games series, but couldn’t afford to buy it on my Nook and didn’t want to wait for it on the library’s LONG waiting list. I remembered that Janelle had them and asked if she’d be able to send them to me, which she did. The day I got them in the mail Heather started them and finished them in two days. It took me about three days to read them all and then my dad read them too. The books were fascinating and heartbreaking. I’m obsessed! I love Katniss, Gale and Peeta! I’m definitely going to invest in my own copies on Nook when I have the money.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Being Elmo! I thought it was so inspiring! He just wasn't going to give up on his dreams, I mean how many people get to be a professional pupeteer?? So awesome!

    ReplyDelete