Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seen It, Heard It, Read It


Seen It:
Mom was looking the Netflix suggestions and she was actually the one who put this in our queue. It was unexpected, interesting, sometimes a little silly, but overall it was good.

Courageous
This was another one that mom had put in the queue and I'm really glad she did. This was heartfelt and emotional, but there were also a couple moments that had us laughing like crazy. It's a great story about how honor begins at home, raising children and leading families. It's pretty amazing.

The Next Three Days
I think I'd seen a preview for this last fall sometime. It was on instant, so I figured hey let's check it out. Turns out it was pretty interesting. Russell Crowe plays a husband whose wife was convicted of murder. He's convinced that she's innocent and tries to break her out of prison.

On the way home from an extremely long day I got a text with a free Redbox code. We were looking for something funny that would lighten the mood of our day. As soon as I saw this I knew we had to get it. I mean, you really can't go wrong with Steve Martin because he's amazing. See [HERE]. I loved this movie about bird enthusiasts trying to defeat a cocky, record holder in a year long bird-spotting competition.

A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song
I love the "A Cinderella Story" movies, so when I saw via Megan Park on twitter that she was in this new version with Lucy Hale I added it to Netflix. The sister and I watched it over the weekend and were pleasantly surprised. It was cheesy, but also really funny. We saved it so we could watch it again with our mom. It's just a fun, light-hearted, tween chick-flick.

Heard It:
Carly Rae Jepsen: Call Me Maybe

Maroon 5: Payphone

Katy Perry: Part of Me

Carrie Underwood: Good Girl


Read It:
Orange Jumpsuit by Tara Leigh Cobble
I started this a couple weeks ago by the sister's suggestion. She bought it on our Nook account and kept telling me how I REALLY needed to read it. Of course she was right! I actually still haven't finished it yet or read anything else; I'm about halfway done. It's one of those books that you're pretty sure the author wrote after digging through your brain. It's hard to get through, because it's convicting, and I think that's why it's taken me so long. I can't wait to finish it! I'm looking forward to reading more of Tara Leigh's books.

Next on my reading list:
Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I have a thing for Steve Martin too. I haven't seen that movie yet but it's in my plans.

    This is a good selection of stuff!

    ReplyDelete