Friday, November 16, 2012

Home Part 4: Bedroom

Here is the last part of the apartment tour, room. It is very small. We don't actually think it was intended to be a bedroom. We think they put up a wall in the middle of what was part of the dining room to add a....den? I'm not sure what you'd call it, but I've tried to make the most of the space and make it my own.

This is might be the only painting hanging in our apartment that Heather didn't do; it's actually mine. Peter Bradley Adams' song Los Angeles holds a special place in my heart.

Note: My bed is pushed up to my "closet" to the left. There is only enough room to hang a few coats in there.

Bedding/Rug: Target

I told you it was small! We can't even pull the trundle bed out all the way. However I did get my desk situated just right which is important so I can have a solid work space for my Premier Designs Business and so I can stay organized. This room has no overhead lighting, but luckily the lamps and white walls brighten things up.

Mirrors: Ikea
Bulletin Boards: Handmade by our Grandpa



One of my favorite parts of my room is my inspiration boards! I haven't changed them since we moved in, but I think I might update them monthly, depending on what I find that inspires me. It's definitely helped me when coming up with new outfits and trying new looks.

I hope you enjoyed a peak into our new place! We are beyond grateful to be able to call this our home.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if you'll read this...it appears you may be on a small hiatus again but found your blog when I was looking for a picture of Beth Moore. The strange things that bring people together, huh? I found your mini-bio to be very similar to mine. 20 something who loves Jesus and d.i.y. projects that take more time than we truly have to offer. (but we love it, right?!) Anyway, meant to just say I am digging the inspiration boards. I need something like this and also have a VERY SMALL space that I'm currently living in. I will find a place for something like this. Thank YOU for the Beth photo & the inspiration for...more inspiration.

    God Bless,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie for your sweet comment! I love making connections like this! The one good thing about having a small space is that I've found I'm better about keeping it clean because there's nowhere to put clutter! Haha. :) The inspiration boards have definitely helped me! I want update them and use one specifically for inspiration for my life and my goals for the year. The other I think I'll keep for fashion inspiration. Blessings!

      Delete